St. Charles Consulting Group offers an exceptional Executive Coaching service to clients as part of our overall commitment to learning and professional development.
Executive Coaching has been part of our service mix for over 10 years and, in this period, we have served dozens of individuals at a wide variety of organizations in many different industries. The St. Charles network of coaches is national in scope, and we have resident coaches in most major metropolitan areas in the U.S.
Here are some of the things that leaders who have been part of our coaching program have said about their experience:
- We had two people who were up for partner, and you coached the one I felt would have trouble making partner (while I believed the other person would sail through). In the end, the person you coached did so well in the interviews that the other person almost didn’t make it because he came across so poorly in contrast. Managing Partner, Professional Services
- Leadership is something I thought comes naturally, but I now see leadership as a discipline and understand that one can improve in making the most impact. The way the coach kept grounding me in the context of the team really helped me keep my eye on the ‘leadership ball.’ Business Unit President, Consumer Staples
- I have always been technically strong. I now feel I am much more emotionally intelligent and have a broader appreciation for the perspectives of others. Managing Director, Professional & Consulting Services
- Thank you so much for your services and the propulsion it provided me in my business. Your delicate attention to detail had me ‘cut the crap,’ eliminate the drama, and create clarity. The results were amazing! CFO, IT Consulting
- I had never fully thought through how to prepare others to take over my specialty practice when I left the company. Thanks for assisting me in making sure my folks are ready in terms of their leadership stance and having a true understanding of what it takes to help people perform in our practice. Leadership Partner, Consulting Services
- Thank you from the bottom of my heart for coaching/mentoring/helping me through the toughest time of my working life. I am wiser, calmer, more perceptive and introspective, balanced, and happy again at my employer. Who would have thought? Executive, Financial Services
- One big benefit is I’ve learned that I don’t have to ‘win’ every conversation. I’ve also learned I tend to be polarizing and now understand that I need to do a better job of finding common ground and influencing key partners. Principal, Consulting Services
- Coaching improved my self-awareness and my ability to interact effectively with a broad range of individuals … The key is that, months after the end of our engagement, the lessons have made lasting changes in my style and approach. C-Level Leader, Management Consulting
- Working with my coach reminds me that I’m the CEO of my career. It’s up to me to take charge of it. Senior Manager, Accounting & Consulting
Recognizing that the power of coaching is in the one-on-one nature of the development relationship, each of our executive coaching plans is customized to the profile and needs of the leader being coached.
In general, the St. Charles Executive Coaching program is characterized as follows:
- The coaching relationship is usually established for a minimum of six months, and many coaching relationships extend to a year or beyond.
- The typical coaching engagement starts with a selection process where the leader targeted for coaching reviews a sample of coaches nominated and chooses one from the group. (Often the employer also has significant input in the selection process.)
- Once the coach is selected, there is an intensive upfront discussion that often includes one or more assessment instruments. The purpose of this initial phase is to document the goals that the leader hopes to achieve, and together the coach and coachee commit to a coaching program that involves identifying interim goals and specific actions that should be taken to reach the goals.
- Accountability is always highly valued, and the coachee is expected to pursue the development goals with commitment. Specific coaching calls (and in-person meetings where possible) are scheduled, and plans are fine-tuned as progress is made against stated objectives.
- At the conclusion of the formal coaching relationship, there may be one or more assessments completed to measure progress, and a summary report is prepared that details the course of action pursued during the coaching process and ways of maintaining progress going forward.
St. Charles Leadership Model
Place or click your mouse on any arrow below.
Managing the business effectively, maintaining disciplined operational and financial focus, hiring “right” skillsets, coaching, providing an environment of openness and trust.
Building strong teams and team cohesiveness, fostering collaboration, and managing the actions of others to deliver strong results.
Exhibiting skills in managing priorities and emotions, communicating effectively and demonstrating leadership presence.
Creating vision and strategy, building organizational capability, driving change and innovation, inspiring extraordinary performance, and pursuing other activities that position the business for the future.