Steve excels at learning facilitation, technology change management and learning development and course conversion. With a background in professional services, Steve brings more than 20 years of auditing, accounting, facilitation, learning development, and change management experience to help clients meet strategic business goals through learning and development solutions. He combines proven course development and delivery skills with extensive audit experience—his creative learning approaches ensure that learners gain the most from the investment in their development and that desired outcomes are achieved.
“Steve has a great presence in class, and he has an uncanny ability to command the room despite his seemingly easy going and relaxed personality. The thing really stands out with Steve is that his teaching style is precise and highly effective. He has the ability to convey concepts in the most crisp and easy to assimilate fashion, and that goes a long way in a diverse multicultural environment like our classrooms. I really hope for, and look forward to having a future learning course facilitated by Steve.”
Prior to StCCG, Steve was an Audit & Learning Senior Manager at a Big Four firm, working with other learning professionals, subject matter resources, firm leadership and audit engagement teams to develop and deliver world-class learning solutions. He successfully managed a diverse array of projects, including:
- Facilitation of learning – live and virtual, long- and short-term – to all levels of professional, with a specific focus on courses designed to develop and certify future course facilitators in live and virtual classroom environments and simulation coaching. These courses emphasize adult learning theory and enhanced engagement with participants through Socratic questioning techniques and practice through experiential learning.
- Deployment management for a practice-wide audit software platform, including:
- Incremental user testing and needs analysis,
- Implementation and management of pilot programs,
- Development and facilitation of integrated learning content,
- Identifying, training, and supporting a regional network of super users for the software platform, and
- Determining user knowledge gaps and developing solutions for effective on-the-job how-to support.
- Design, development, and delivery of a firm-wide accreditation program for proficiency in International Financial Reporting Standards; and
- Design and development of several weeklong milestone learning programs that incorporated both technical and non-technical content
Prior to focusing on learning and development, Steve spent more than ten years as an auditor, serving clients ranging from middle market privately-held entities to large multi-national public corporations. He also has extensive international experience, including a long-term assignment overseas. Steve has managed engagement teams varying in size from two to more than twenty in the U.S. and Europe and has worked with entities undertaking acquisitions, spinning off businesses, emerging from bankruptcy and adopting IFRS.
Steve earned a bachelor’s degree in Accounting from Michigan State University, is a Certified Public Accountant and is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants.
News & Updates
Embracing New Technology Trends: Perspectives from the Live Panel Discussion at the Fall L&D Executive Summit
Embracing New Technology Trends: Perspectives from the Live Panel Discussion at the L&D Executive Summit Featuring: Kari McClure - Director of Learning Experience and Global Engagement at American Airlines, Ken Hubbell - Senior Vice President Instructional Design...
A Curated Journey: Breast Cancer - Diagnosis to Survival Featuring Gina Ann Richter, Ph.D., Director of Curation at St. Charles Larry Durham: Welcome to The HIVE. I'm your host, Larry Durham. Thanks for joining us for today's show. If you are one of our many...
Transform your learning organization with Adaptive Learning If your organization is facing the challenges common to so many organizations delivering learning in the same way it’s been done for decades, read on! Learning professionals share a common concern that...